Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Turning 21

So Darling Boy Friend celebrated his 21st birthday this weekend. I had a rather festive schmancy day planned but instead we ended up driving around my teenaged sister and her friends. The highlight was when I made him a stack of pancakes and hashbrowns for breakfast, complete with birthday candle. I then gave him his present. I didn't make his present this year because I was still burnt out from the Felt Clogs. Instead, I went out and scoured the internet until I found this guitar/computer gizmo . It took me a while to track this down. I found it online a while ago but it was always out of stock or the retailer would not ship internationally... finally got it though. He seemed rather pleased with it, but unfortunately his computer is down for the count until he upgrades to Windows Vista (insert mac user superior eye roll here).
We then spent the rest of the day taking care of my two little siblings while my parents cavorted around London. As soon as we got one kid squared away the other one would come screaming in demanding, alternately, food/money/a ride. The nice dinner out I had been saving up for ended up being Culvers between picking sister up from her ski trip and dropping her off at a school dance. Not what I had in mind. We were hoping to go out and make up for it with a fancy dinner tonight but I just got my teeth drilled and now I can't talk. Or eat. Better yet I get to go in for more tomorrow. Not. Cool.

No comments: