Monday, January 15, 2007

TAG!

So this is blog tag. I was tagged by Jeremy from Knit-a-Bit
THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog

Here are my weird things:
1. I am a compulsive counter. When I was on a family trip this summer to the Grand Canyon this lead to lots of fun because I counted fanny packs on tourists. I counted an average of 150 per day, and the count would rise rapidly after 5pm, which I suppose makes them evening wear and hence, a far more atrocious fashion disaster. When I'm at the train station downtown I count ties on bussiness men. Counts have been artificially low lately due to scarf-wearing (so I can't see the ties). Despite my obsessive counting, I still hate counting stitches.

2. I'm a vegan who knits with wool and that doesn't bother me

3. I'm bathroom shy

4. In high school I drove a 1991 Chevy Astro van named 'Zippy the Wondervan'.
Zippy had her own soundtrack and only 2 out 5 functioning doors. Zippy has recently slipped into a persistant vegetative state in my Grandmother's garage. I refuse to have her carcass removed until I can arrange for a viking funeral (meaning we light her on fire and drive her off the bluff into Lake Michigan).

5. I cannot bake cookies. It really isn't just the vegan-thing, like I just can't do it. I bake them and they look beautiful, like the cover of a cookbook. Perfect color and texture and lovely... but they always taste like baking soda, even when I don't use baking soda. It was like that before I made vegan cookies, I use all different recipes, I can bake other stuff really well but not cookies. It is torture because I bake them and they look so good and I leave them in my kitchen, which is also my front entry-way so I come home and they look at me and say "we're yummy" and I want to eat them but they taste bad and I just can't bring myself to throw them out because maybe they'll taste good tomorrow, but they won't.

6. I hate being wet. I can't swim, I don't like showering. It bugs me and I avoid both at all costs. When I do shower I do it with lightning speed that has baffled everyone and anyone who has ever lived with me.

1 comment:

Brice said...

For a few months in high school, I drove a 1987 Astro Van that couldn't pass inspection and that half its paint gone. Anyway, I sent you an email yesterday with some code for you to use when linking a button. You'll have to upload the button somewhere (imageshack.us is good) and then edit the information in the code, and then send the code to the other sites. Let me know if you have trouble. In two days I'll put up a post about templates and buttons and linking.