Sunday, January 7, 2007

Other Christmas Projects

I didn't just mak felted clogs for Christmas gifts... oh no, that would be far too easy. Here are a few other gifts I made.

This is a iPod nano case I needle felted for my youngest sister. She requested the neon pink and green argyle motif. I thought I was being very clever when I stole one of the cardboard iPod Nano's from a Sharper Image display at the mall. I wanted to get the size exactly right and I thought the cardboard mock up would be a fantastic template. **pats self on back**. I worked and got it sized EXACTLY to the template. Well, as I now know, always double check your template against the actual object you're trying to fit. Yeah, way too small. Way to go genius.


I don't have a final photo of this project. It is a cabled headband for my boyfriend's mom. I made up the cable pattern and knit it up with Filatura di Crosa's Zara (one of my favorite yarns, you should try it). I think it turned out really well. I haven't seen her wear it yet, but that could be because it's been too warm here.

3 comments:

blue thing pie said...

Ooo, I love the headband. That pattern would make a very nice scarf!

~ R ~

Jeremy said...

Hi Emelia! I love your blog. The headband and clogs look fabulous. If you need a test knitter for your clog pattern I'd be happy to help. I,m back to school now so less time to knit and blog. Oh well.

Brice said...

The ipod cover looks great - wish I had one!

In response, what kind of link buttons do you mean? Do you want link buttons for your blog, to give to other websites to use? Or do you mean another type?