Friday, July 17, 2009

The red suitcase brigade!

I have been out on my first sales calls this week with the Red Suitcase Brigade.

First appointment was out in Barrington with Gene Ann's Yarns. It was a lovely shop, absolutely packed floor to ceiling with yarn! Despite my nerves and confusion, Miss Gene Ann ordered quite a bit of yarn and had lots of very helpful feedback for me. She will soon have almost a full color selection of AMaizing yarn, perfect for baby garments or any other project that demands machine washability, durability and non-irritating fibers.

When I got back from Barrington I had yet 2 more LARGE boxes waiting for me. When I opened them I was stunned by the lovely collection of garments Southwest sent me for my marketing event. I will be holding fashion shows at stores all over IL, WI and MN. Stay tuned for exact dates and locations!

I brought the collection to my home store, Sister Arts Studio in Lincoln Park and showed the owner, Donna and we began planning a fashion show and party for October. It's going to be a blast!

I also had a lovely appointment with the ladies of Loopy Yarns, who were kind enough to meet with me and help me practice my pitch with them.


No comments: