Thursday, October 8, 2009

Insert Needle As If To Knit...

Here a few snapshots from my revolving knitting scrapbook:



A scene from a lovely September day.
Getting my mandatory vitamin D, Doctor's Orders!



Here is a minor knitting calamity on my StitchDiva Endless Cardi Shawl. At 347 stitches per row, my already over crowded circ snapped!

Stitches flew everywhere, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth and sweat and cursing and and and....
But I survived and so has the project.

 More photos as it develops and as better photo opportunities present themselves. I'll try not to bore you with project-on-the-needles-scrunched-beyond-recognition-against-the-backdrop-of-a-bedspread-or-the-carpet photos.


Here is my finally completed Misti Alpaca Lace Shawl (seen in progress at the top of this post). I started this project as a stress reliever back in college. I didn't use a pattern, it was just a simple increase at the edges, 2 stitch repeat. I just wanted something luscious that let the colors of the yarn sing. I think I accomplished that in spades. This photo does not do the color or the loft of the fabric any justice. I promise a more satisfying photo soon. I have been wearing the shawl everywhere...I love it.



No comments: