Monday, August 10, 2009

Moving and and Very Special Bunday!

After much packing and sorting and arranging and then much more lifting and carrying and negotiating and straining and rearranging and nailbiting, I have completed my move from my condo downtown to my grandmother's house in the north suburbs.

It took me 3 days and nearly all of my sanity (more due to arguing with condo management than actual moving issues). I also went back after most of the moving was completed to fix the place up for my renter. I now have a modern circuit breaker instead of running the entire place on a single 15 amp fuse (that means not having to turn off the TV to run the microwave, or turning off everything to run the AC). I also had brand new carpet installed and painted over all my fun accent walls. Here's the house looking rather quirk-less and empty.

I have set up my bedroom to my liking at grandma's house. I still have a lot of unpacking and rearranging to do before she returns from Ireland this week. I hope she is ok with it, but I have bun-proofed my room such that my girls can run around freely in there when I'm home. Even safer than my condo was for them. I let them run loose a lot this weekend because it was there Very First Birthday!! Happy Birthday Scarf and Sweater! DC and I bought them lots of new toys and fawned over them quite a lot. I even made them a special treat, banana slices and pellets (Yum?)



Here they are exploring our new room.

No comments: